The World of Coca-Cola is the main attraction for The Coca-Cola Company. World of Coca-Cola, located in Atlanta, GA, opened August 2, 1990 and was relocated from Underground Atlanta to Pemberton Place May 24, 2007. It attracts visitors from around the world and has become one of the key tourist attractions in the region. The Attraction displays thousands of artifacts from around the world, most of which have never been displayed to the public. The World of Coca-Cola also features interactive exhibits and a gallery dedicated to Coca-Cola and pop culture. Our guests have the opportunity to sample over 64 different beverages from around the globe. Undergraduate Internship Overview:
The World of Coca-Cola will be offering a paid internship for a motivated undergraduate student (rising Junior or Senior)
interested in gaining hands-on experience in leading in a guest centric environment. As an intern you will be immersed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with new and exciting challenges thrown your way each day. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our Brand Ambassadors, while working to lead and create a service environment that will be engaging for our diverse guests and employees. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can't leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with excellent customer service and is engaging and thoughtful when interacting with others and building relationships. Must be as comfortable with ambiguity as well as with structured processes. The position will report to the World of Coca-Cola Attractions Manager and will play an integral role in ensuring an awesome guest and employee experience, while learning how to run a successful brand experience and business in a competitive environment. Undergraduate Internship key learnings and responsibilities:
The undergraduate internship will be primarily focused on how World of Coca-Cola can leverage its mission and heritage to engage and excite guests. The intern will work alongside WoCC's Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams, to learn and deliver:
Time commitment & location:
- Engage in daily activities that drive the achievement of operational goals such as but not exclusive to; labor targets, guest attendance, ticket sales, and consumer and guest experiences.
- Assist in the daily execution of activities that support the business to achieve desired targets, to include:
- adhering to opening and closing checklists,
- confirming adequate staffing levels for each work zone against the zone chart,
- confirming staffing VIP tour appointments against the weekly schedule
- monitor zone deployment charts, meal and break periods, and
- ensuring building readiness for guests / employees, and
- conducting morning staff briefings
- Observe coaching & feedback sessions for hourly associates to improve guest service standards
- Respond to and resolve a customer, and consumer inquire or complaint
- Play a role in executing events to include, staffing, setup, monitoring guest engagement, provide feedback to marketing team
- Internship runs full time through the summer at roughly 40 hours per week (May 15 - Aug 31) based out of the World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta, GA.
- Must have full availability from June 5 - Aug 31, to include: weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior (class of 2018 or 2019) pursuing a degree in hospitality or similar field and in good standing with your college or university, and
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality management and operations
What we require:
- Able to walk and stand for prolonged periods, 6-8 hours
- Able to key on computer for extended periods, 4 - 6 hours
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling 50lb. objects frequently; this includes lifting from one level to another level
- Frequent bending and kneeling;
- Able to climb sets of stairs; continuous exposure to outside temperatures- heat and cold- 6 to 8 hours
Please include the following on your resume:
- all work experiences,
- volunteer experiences, if any
- college/university courses (must be have successfully completed courses and must be relevant to the internship.)
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry covers such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.