Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.nuveen.com/
The Internal Advisor Consultant proactively builds business partnerships with advisors in a defined geographic territory and executes existing territory business plans; and answers incoming sales and investment related phone calls. The Internal Advisor Consultant is responsible for meeting daily outbound call goals, stays current with portfolio & industry developments and masters all Nuveen Investments’ product and service solutions.
The Internal Advisor Consultant fulfills Nuveen Investments’ mission, to secure the long-term goals of our clients and the advisors who serve them, by demonstrating the following duties and responsibilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Partner with Advisor Consultant to develop tactical consultative relationships with Financial Advisors (FA’s), branch office managers and sales managers of priority firms to obtain and grow market share of Nuveen Investments’ (and its wholly owned subsidiaries) products and services.
- Proactively contact advisors throughout the day and log appropriately in CRM database.
- Partner and coordinate with Advisor Consultant on business and territory management plans.
- Partner with Advisor Consultant to segment advisor base to best focus activities and determine service levels.
- Work in conjunction with Nuveen’s Wealth Management team to deliver additional value added strategies to top producing advisors.
- Maintain knowledge level of focus firm programs and product approvals.
- Mastery of all investment solutions.
- Some travel in the territory for consistent top performers or as deemed necessary for development by the Internal Sales and Service management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree required, preferably in Business, Finance or Marketing.
Minimum of 3 years investment industry sales experience required.
Understanding of mutual funds, separate account, closed-end fund solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must be proactive and take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Effective decision maker and able to adapt to change.
- Ability to be creative and generate innovative solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of financial markets and is able to apply that knowledge when discussing Nuveen strategies with various audiences within the financial advisor community.
- Displays professionalism in all activities and maintains the ethical standards of Nuveen Investments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM software a plus.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills, both written and verbal.
- Develops internal business partnerships to support and execute territory business plans.
- Strong prospecting and profiling skills to build financial advisor relationships.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.