The focus of the role is to provide business development within the territory while working as a team with other internal resources (IACs, ACs, marketing, SRM etc.) to structure successful and profitable relationships. You will employ highly focused, value-added selling techniques, drive relationships to increase Hartford Funds gross and net sales, and improve asset retention within the Advisor segment of the territory.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include, but not Limited to:
• Support non-Jones IAC activity for three (3) territories.
• Work with territory teams (AC/IAC) and Divisional Sales Managers (internal and external) to analyze data and identify key advisors/firms to be the prime point of contact.
• Work with teams/managers to strategically develop and implement business plan and advisor segmentation, cultivate your assigned territory, foster new relationships, provide first-class customer service, and ultimately drive sales, increase market share, retain AUM and grow producers selling over $500k annually.
• Cultivate, engage, and manage advisor relationships at non-Jones firms by articulating Hartford Funds' value proposition, delivering practice management strategies, market intelligence, product information and solutions based consulting.
• Continually analyze advisor segmentation and edit quarterly to ensure focus on the right FAs.
• Communicate routinely with all relevant ACs/IACs to ensure seamless coverage and support.
• Enlist the help of Strategic Relationship Management to drive firm messages and optimize firm data.
• Leverage competitive intelligence information by leverage ICG team to optimize territory campaigns.
• Work with marketing to develop tailored messaging inside of the 3 territories to maximize email marketing.
• Utilize sales support to delegate administrative tasks and remain focused on Business Development activities.
• Demonstrate phone sales success with a strong call structure, an organized sales process, and rapid identification and anticipation of client needs to make strong financial recommendations.
• Engage, communicate, and understand pertinent product and company information to assess financial needs and suitability with HartfordFunds financial solutions, philosophy, objectives, and positioning
• Keep current with economic, industry, and market news, and client sentiment.
• Adherence to all compliance regulations and guidelines including use of approved marketing materials, fund prospectus requirements, and proper licensing.
• Growth of AC territories (3) in non-Jones firms by market share and YOY growth rates (gross, net, aum).
• Ability to work in collaboration effectively with AC/IAC teams. (score assigned by AC & IAC)
• Ability to develop business in designated Specialist FA segments (baseline will be est. and success based on QOQ and YOY growth)
• Number of FAs brought to 500k level on a quarterly basis (QOQ growth required)
• In depth knowledge of the Independent Advisor channel firms required
• Minimum 5 years of sales experience within a financial services firm
• Deep knowledge of HF products and vehicles required.
• Superior communication, consultation, and listening skills to identify sales opportunities, suggest creative solutions, and manage challenging discussions with sophisticated clients to quickly establish rapport for future business development
• Extensive investment product knowledge and understanding of financial concepts, and the ability to articulate a variety of investment topics ranging from fundamental asset classes to fixed income solutions
• Strong client and internal, corporate-relationship management skills to manage and track complex business development campaigns
• A passion for success and performance at the highest level in a fast-paced, incentive-driven environment
• Enthusiastic team player and self-starter with an ability to multi-task, assess, and prioritize business opportunities
• Mastery of all technology/tools i.e.: Salesforce, Clearslide, Morningstar, zephyr style advisor, Bloomberg, factset etc.
• FINRA Series 7 & 63 required
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $91.5 billion as of June 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD