I.T. Audit Associate JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting in the planning, performing, reporting and follow-up on specific compliance assignments under the general guidance of the Director of Compliance and Controls and other department leaders. This may include compliance reviews, documentation of processes, or developing data analytics to perform required tasks. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning activities and risk assessments to determine objectives, scope, and approach for subsequent projects.
- Perform fieldwork in accordance with an approved program. This will generally include documentation of systems, identification and testing of internal controls, analytical review, and substantive testing. Auditable units include those systems, processes, and technologies which support the organization's business objectives.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems.
- Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify risks/issues, and communicate this information to management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Communicate effectively with business unit associates, IT resources, and 3rd party service providers about audit progress and developments.
- Assist in drafting reports for identified issues and suggestions for corrective action.
- Evaluate report responses from management and suggest follow up action.
- Assist in other duties as required, such as developing and/or updating audit programs, developing the annual plan, management-requested projects, financial/operational audit tasks, and other duties as required by audit management.
- Work in a team environment that stimulates growth and promotes shared accountability.
- Assist in the support of the technologies implemented within the C&C group to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop a working understanding of ERP and other system data structures.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies and online groups.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline.
Other Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum two years of experience as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry.
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in financial statement and/or IT audits.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products required.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, documenting and presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Experience in auditing and/or developing internal controls for SAP ERP.
Professional certification or progress towards (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE, CISA).
Experience with electronic work paper software such as TeamMate R12
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.