Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Internal Audit- Data Analytics Specialist in our Corporate Internal Audit (CIA) group, to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Specialist, Data Analytics, is a core member of the Corporate Internal Audit (CIA) data analytics team, reporting directly to a Manager, Corporate Internal Audit. The Specialist, Data Analytics, is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting data analytics protocols, standards and tools necessary for audit and/or internal investigation purposes of CIA.
- Query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information using traditional (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc.) as well as advanced visual (Tableau, etc.) and predictive analytic methodologies and software packages.
- Work with audit manager and specific audit teams to design and develop user defined application modules, perform data quality control, develop reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data. Assist with the implementation of data analytics usage across various functions within CIA
- Interact directly with Audit Managers and their staffs, Business process owners, Finance, and IT to design and implement data analysis solutions. Continually re-assess these solutions in efforts to make them more efficient and effective. Develop methodologies that allow for efficient and repetitive data extraction processes.
- Proactively contribute innovative solutions to solve complex analytical problems.
- Provide well-written documentation to help drive successful implementation of solutions.
- Analyze, design, develop, and implement applications using industry standard technology and software.
- Proactively share and drive knowledge sharing.
- Perform peer review of code and testing in order to detect and minimize application problems. Develop and provide training to team members and staff on basic utilization and advanced proficiencies, up to and including training others to provide backup to this role/function
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions; May perform other duties as assigned by the CIA management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in one of the following areas preferred: Accounting, Business, Finance, Engineering, MIS.
- Professional accreditation preferred (e.g., CIA, CA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CCEP, etc.)
- A dual major/minor combination including technology (e.g. Computer Science or Management Information Systems) and business (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Statistics) highly preferred
- 5+ years working experience in audit, internal controls, consulting, IT or risk management fields are required
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools (Tableau, Spotfire, etc.) and SQL Queries is preferred
- Experience with Accounting systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle Financials, etc) and PolyAnalyst and other key word search functionality are preferred
- Strong knowledge and applied experience in database and enterprise-wide information systems preferred (SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards)
- Relational Database and Data Visualization is preferred
- Preferred experience in BI, CAATs an added advantage
- Strong preference for knowledge of HCC (health care compliance and privacy)/fraud and abuse laws; regulatory promotional practices; FCPA, financial or auditing practices and company business and policies
- Preferred ability to effectively engage to resolve issues regarding audit and controls analysis, continuous auditing, continuous monitoring, data access and analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrated skills in effective project management including personal time management and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is preferred
- An action and results oriented individual is required
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently is preferred
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical or statistical skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills are required
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external customers strongly preferred
- Travel is required (domestic & international) and estimated to be up to 10%, based on business needs
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Internal Audit ITRequisition ID