PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Internal Audit (IA) Services practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services which include outsourcing and co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services.
We also provide IA Performance Improvement services including External Quality Assessments and strategic assessments designed to help IA realize its full strategic potential. All of these services encompass PwC's strong industry sector experience and knowledge.
PwC's Internal Audit team provides services related to enhancing the value and effectiveness of the internal audit function.
This requires an understanding of an organization's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board, employees, and shareholders. These needs determine the risk profile of the organization and the strategic focus, organization, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
PwC Internal Audit professionals bring the right mix of internal audit experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a clients internal audit function. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused internal audit results.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 8 of experience with at least 3 years in management within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process or internal controls specialist.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting,Â Finance, Economics, ManagementÂ Information Systems,Â Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA or CISA. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted. Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thought leadership in the following areas:
- Directing efforts related to current hot topics for CAEs, IA directors, CCOs, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel;
- Leading risk management, and public accounting practices and procedures, and IA technology tools for planning, design, performance tests, and reporting;
- Leading IA processes, control evaluations and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology, e.g. COSO;
- Directing, as an industry thought leader, company or firm-wide functions in areas related to overseeing complex financial, operational and compliance-related engagements:
Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley regulations/requirements; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; Financial and operational fraud risk management; Antifraud internal controls; IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security.
Demonstrates extensive recognition as an industry subject matter specialist on internal controls, current hot topics and risks, and industry practices, including a proven record of developing thought leadership and sharing lead practices on Internal controls, IA functions, and Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance readiness programs.
Demonstrates proven thought leader-level abilities with the following:
-Providing oversight and direction during planning sessions with clients at all levels;
- Facilitating and directing teams to generate a vision; establishing direction and motivating members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse view; encouraging team dialogue; providing candid, meaningful and timely feedback to encourage improvement;
-Facilitating teams to implement innovation as they design, evaluate and benchmark;
-Financial and Operational processes and controls; identify key risks and control; develop, and review audit programs; perform controls optimization;
-Defining resource requirements and project economics areas;
-Directing the creation of high quality deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues and work plans;
-Actively contribute to non-client, specific, firm-wide strategies and initiatives;
-Collaborating directly with clients; building, sustaining and utilizing deep networks of client and target relationships/community involvement; understanding the client's business; communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional;
-Building, maintaining and employing a network of internal and external relationships while actively identifying and pursuing additional opportunities within and outside of their specific area of focus;
-Understand the Firmâ€™s Internal Audit strategy and how we deliver that to clients.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.