Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
We are looking for dynamic team players who are excited to join an audit department who performs integrated technology audits. The role will require participation in audit assignments to ensure that business and technology risks are identified, recognized, and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives.
- Participate in assessments of business, Information Technology (IT), Financial and Information Technology Risk and Security processes/practices to ensure compliance with MetLife Policy, use of compliant best practices, procedural efficiency and accuracy;
- Perform walkthroughs and testing to assess IT control design and operating effectiveness, including the preparation of documentation for the IT Audit Senior/Manager’s review.
- Contributes to or prepares reports of audit status and findings for managers, and proposes recommendations for changes as needed; and
- Participates consultatively in developing issue resolutions to the extent possible.
- Ensure compliance to MetLife Policy & Procedures, leading practices, procedural efficiency, risk management and accuracy;
- Ensure IT compliance to regulatory standards and best practice;
- Ensure IT compliance to IT Risk and Security standards and practices, where applicable to role.
- Capable of executing audit assignments as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including listening and interviewing skills;
- Strong documentation skills, including documentation of test objectives and strategies, sampling selection, walkthroughs/processes, and test results; and
- Capable of identifying exceptions/deviations and collecting related information and evidence to prepare for detailed discussions regarding facts, circumstances and root causes of issues noted.
- Role: Participant on moderate to large audit or business projects;
- Participate in and/or manage projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within budget and agreed timelines (and explaining variances);
- Communicate timely and appropriately with the IT Internal Audit team and business management;
- Entry-level experience in being able to multi-task various ongoing activities and engagements; and
- Tracks and follows up on open issues and key business initiatives.
- Work with clients on the development of action plans to resolve control issues or risks; and
- Maintains a positive working relationship with fellow auditors and auditees, sustaining ongoing relationships with key business contacts.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree. Preference for IT or Accounting with IT concentration.
- Experience working in technology or security operations a plus.
- Knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted audit standards and Corporate Internal Audit standards.
- Basic understanding of:
- IT general controls (e.g. security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, infrastructure, etc.);
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Operating system and database platforms (e.g. mainframe, client/server, Windows, UNIX, AS400, DB2, etc.);
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP)
- COBIT principles, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54982