Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
Lead and facilitate discussions with client management during kick-off, status and close meetings. Conduct detailed interviews of client personnel and management to understand new processes, systems, controls, business objectives and concepts in a limited timeframe and apply knowledge to the assignments. Identify key risks and evaluate effectiveness of controls in mitigating risks and meeting business objectives.
Develop detailed audit tests, with consideration of external auditor and management SOX Compliance group testing to achieve audit objectives. Complete assigned audits within planned time periods. Identify and communicate potential audit findings and develop feasible and effective recommendations with client management. Write draft audit reports for review by senior management and Audit management, including business background, test approach, findings and recommendations. Monitor and validate implementation of client corrective action plans. Establish and maintain professional working relationships with client management and external auditors. Comply with departmental and professional standards in all assignments and proactively advocate for necessary change and improvement to the department's procedures (e.g., updating audit templates). Maintain current knowledge of audit standards, accounting trends and pronouncements and technical expertise by proactively seeking relevant training as prescribed by internal and certification requirements.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in December 2017 or early 2018. Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- Five to seven years experience in public accounting (Big Four preferred), internal audit, and/or equivalent private sector experience with two years of managerial experience
- Working knowledge of IIA Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to apply knowledge, think critically, identify issues and propose recommendations
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, team player, flexible, self-starter, positive attitude, motivated and effective in completing multiple tasks
- An experienced leader with the ability to motivate, train and develop self and others as well as add value to the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials, Microsoft Access a plus
- CPA or CIA strongly preferred; CISA a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.