Internal Auditor (Job Number: 024721)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens Boots Alliance. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens Boots Alliance is the world leader in making health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens Boots Alliance represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens Boots Alliance and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, the Internal Auditor assists with Financial, Operational,IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control. Job Responsibilities
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business management, computer science, quantitative analysis, or other business fields of study OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Knowledge of internal control concepts (risk and control).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- Internship experience in an analytical role.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System's Auditor (CISA).
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry.
- Knowledge of statistical sampling procedures.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.