Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control. Job Responsibilities
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world's largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business management, computer science, quantitative analysis, or other business fields of study OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Knowledge of internal control concepts (risk and control).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
- Master's degree or MBA.
- Internship experience in an analytical role.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System's Auditor (CISA).
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry.
- Knowledge of statistical sampling procedures.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.