Internal Auditor II
Location: Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
Posted: February 03, 2017
Reference ID: 00001HFK
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor, the Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal audits and internal audit projects that help the business achieve its objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process improvements). The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and ingenuity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) is required in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interacts with all levels of company associates and outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives in order to gain an understanding of the process.
2. Assists in developing audit and test plans for assigned audits.
3. Participates in audits ensuring they are completed within the forecasted timeframe and within budget.
4. Conducts audit fieldwork in compliance with departmental standards.
5. Identify and document audit findings, including root causes analysis and recommendations.
6. Works closely with the Internal Controls, Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial / operational control issues.
7. Proactively keeps Management informed regarding the status of the audit, challenges/opportunities encountered, and potential findings.
8. Actively participates in making the Internal Audit Group a respected and valued partner within the organization.
9. Assists on other internal departmental projects as assigned (i.e., major initiatives, internal audit related training)
10. Must be willing to travel overnight up to 25% a year (including possible international travel).
11. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A successful candidate will have a broad training in accounting and auditing, obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years' experience in general accounting, public accounting, and/or internal auditing. Preferred experience would include both public accounting and internal audit experience, and having or striving for either a CPA, CIA, CISA or MBA. Experience using PC-based spreadsheet and/or data analytic software is a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment.
2. Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
4. Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial balance audits
5. Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
7. Strong interpersonal skills
8. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
9. Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
10. Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs