Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Auditor is critical to the performance and continued success of Corporate Audit Services. Reporting to a member of the Audit Leadership team, the Senior Auditor will provide leadership and direction to research a wide variety of business scenarios, perform root cause analysis, and create the compelling case for change to improve operational processes and deliver business value. This position is also responsible for leading audits of the Company's domestic and international operations, subsidiaries, partnerships, licensees and vendors. Assignments are balanced between compliance audits and operational assessments.
The Audit department at Owens Corning is known as a pipeline for internal talent, developing future leaders by creating opportunities to learn and grow. Our structured talent model prepares individuals for promotional or rotational leadership roles in the company after spending approximately three years with the audit team. Team members work directly with diverse teams throughout the organization and are given exposure to senior leadership, providing ongoing opportunities to expand their professional network.Reports to
: Internal Audit LeaderSpan of Control
: Talent leadership is a core activity. The Senior Auditor typically leads teams of 3-6 people, composed of staff, rotational program participants, guest auditors, and co-source partners. The Senior Auditor is expected to delegate tasks, train personnel, coach and evaluate performance, and provide candid feedback to every auditor on each engagement. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times and proliferate safety leadership.
- Be accountable for outcomes, delivering quality audit and project work with high standards of performance.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating thoughts effectively.
- Display a thirst for learning and a positive attitude in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and high energy through process excellence, teamwork and positivity.
- Adhere to well-defined audit protocols including, scoping and sample selection methodology, documentation and reporting standards.
- Provide value added business consulting and analytical support utilizing Business Information (BI) tools and techniques.
- Influence and manage stakeholder's expectations while maintaining independent view.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff to ensure high quality audit and project work that meets established objectives is delivered on time
- Develop talent through appropriate coaching, delegation and feedback
- Demonstrate knowledge of Owens Corning business and internal control standards, policies and procedures, and other laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required (finance, accounting or related business area)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 6+ years prior business, operations, accounting or audit (preferred) work experience
- A combination of some public accounting and corporate experience, leading teams and/or large projects, is ideal
- CPA, CIA, or CMA preferred, but not required
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred, but not required
About Owens Corning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Solid understanding of internal controls is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills are necessary
- Proven ability to coach and deliver results working through others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 35% (both domestic and international) required
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology