Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Auditor is critical to the performance and continued success of Corporate Audit Services. Reporting to a member of the Audit Leadership team, the Senior Auditor will provide leadership and direction to research a wide variety of business scenarios, perform root cause analysis, and create the compelling case for change to improve operational processes and deliver business value. This position is also responsible for leading audits of the Company's domestic and international operations, subsidiaries, partnerships, licensees and vendors. Assignments are balanced between compliance audits and operational assessments.
The Audit department at Owens Corning is known as a pipeline for internal talent, developing future leaders by creating opportunities to learn and grow. Our structured talent model prepares individuals for promotional or rotational leadership roles in the company after spending approximately three years with the audit team. Team members work directly with diverse teams throughout the organization and are given exposure to senior leadership, providing ongoing opportunities to expand their professional network.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale. Reports to
: Internal Audit LeaderSpan of Control
: The Senior Auditor has the opportunity to lead teams of 3-6 people, composed of audit team members, guest auditors, and co-source partners. The Senior Auditor is expected to delegate tasks, train personnel, coach and evaluate performance, and provide candid feedback to every auditor on each engagement. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Display Owens Corning Values (100% of time)
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times and proliferate safety leadership (100% of time)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Owens Corning business and internal control standards, policies and procedures, and other laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate leadership while embracing a culture of curiosity (100% of time)
- Demonstrate thought leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating thoughts effectively.
- Display a thirst for learning and a positive attitude in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Drive continuous improvement and high energy through process excellence, teamwork and positivity.
- Lead and support audits and project work with high standards of performance (100% of time)
- Be accountable for delivering quality outcomes.
- Adhere to well-defined audit protocols including, scoping and sample selection methodology, documentation and reporting standards.
- Provide value added business consulting and analytical support utilizing Business Information (BI) tools and techniques.
- Influence and manage stakeholder's expectations while maintaining independent view.
- Provide leadership and direction to audit team members to ensure high quality audit and project work is delivered on time, meeting established objectives.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop talent through appropriate coaching, delegation and feedback (10% of time)
- Bachelor's degree required (finance, accounting or related business area)
- 4+ years prior business, operations, accounting or audit (preferred) work experience
- Ability to travel up to 35% (both domestic and international)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A combination of some public accounting and corporate experience, leading teams and/or large projects, is ideal
- CPA, CIA, or CMA preferred, but not required
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred, but not required
About Owens Corning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to coach and deliver results working through others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.