The internal communications intern will support the internal communications team with a variety of projects, including execution of employee communications plans; researching, writing and designing content for enterprise channels (intranet, newsletter, digital monitors); and maintaining the internal editorial calendar. The communications intern will work an average of 15-20 hours per week.
Qualified candidates will have relevant experience and will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while staying focused, organized and flexible. The corporate communications intern will report to the internal communications manager and will support the entire communications department. This position will allow for great exposure and experience, will be perpetually challenging and can increase in scope of responsibility based upon the capabilities of the person in the role.
- Maintain the internal editorial calendar
- Execute employee communications plans
- Research, write and design content for internal channels (company intranet, newsletters, digital monitors)
- Manage biweekly company e-newsletter and other email communications
- Collaborate with external communications team to ensure coverage of relevant internal news on social media channels
- Shoot and edit video content, as needed
- Assist department with internal meetings (prep materials, take and distribute minutes)
Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college or university, preferably working towards a degree in Organizational Development, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- The highest level of professionalism
- Proficiency in web content management systems, such as WordPress; Adobe Photoshop; and Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of video editing a plus
- Ideal candidates should be goal-oriented, enthusiastic to learn and dependable. Candidates should be confident in presenting concepts and ideas in person and over the phone.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.