DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
For nearly 200 years, BGE has been an innovator in meeting the energy needs of central Maryland residents and businesses. Headquartered in Baltimore, BGE provides service to more than 1. 2 million electric customers and more than 650,000 natural gas customers. BGE's electric service territory is approximately 2,300 square miles, and its gas service territory is approximately 800 square miles.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for developing internal communications plans and strategies as they apply on an Utility wide level. Represents Director or Sr. Manager, Employee Communications in their absence. Supports Utility executive communications and overall internal communication as it applies to external audiences. Supports and reinforces BGE human resources communications messages and provides communications guidance and support to HR. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, in support of other internal communications positions. This position reports to the Director Communications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Ensure effective communication of Utility messages and content on a company-wide basis to employees.
2. Direct interface with Exelon Utility (EU) communications managers to ensure consistency of messaging of EU messaging when needed.
3. Develop and coordinate HR communication plans and strategies to support business plans and objectives, as well as BGE objectives.
4. Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
5. Manage a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
6. Consult and advise HR lead and staff on strategies for communicating HR policies, programs, and benefits.
7. Manage and produce the Utility employee company newsletter.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.