HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. JOB SUMMARY
- Assists the Director, Internal Compliance Reporting in all matters regarding Internal Compliance Reporting
- Reviews and collects reported information regarding reportable issues that are potentially non-compliant with policies, regulations, statutes, and/or laws.
- Responsible for the collection, organization, accuracy, assembly, and preparation of final reports regarding Reportable Issues as defined in HCA policies.
- Coordinates with Division and Facility Ethics and Compliance Officers, Corporate Departments, and Responsible Executives regarding Reportable Issues and other compliance matters.
- Oversee development, preparation, and management of reports regarding the current status of compliance throughout the Corporation as reported through the Internal Compliance Reporting System.
- Analyze incoming Compliance Reportable Issues, coordinate referrals of the information to the appropriate functional area experts, division and facility ECOs, and obtain reports of corrective action taken regarding Reportable Issues in accordance with current policies. Ensure that once a Reportable Issue is identified, all coordination is completed, information gathered, corrective actions are completed, and reports prepared timely, accurately, and filed as necessary with appropriate entities.
- Periodically participate in the provision of compliance training to newly appointed ECOs, new department employees, and others as necessary.
- Continuously evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Corporate Ethics and Compliance program as it relates to Internal Compliance Reporting ensuring the reporting processes support and encourage self-reporting and personal accountability.
3 Years Relevant Work Experience
Patient accounting and compliance experience helpful. EDUCATION
College Graduate Required Undergrad SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Must be familiar with and able to work with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom