Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- OVERVIEW: Workday is searching for a versatile financial professional to join as an Internal Controls and Process Analyst. This position works within the accounting/finance organization to help process owners design and execute internal controls that address risks and compliance requirements. You will assist with documentation and analysis of risks, internal controls, and processes related to internal controls over financial reporting. You will prepare planning, oversight, and execution of the Company's SOX compliance program.
JOB TASK DESCRIPTIONS:
- Identify and analyze risks, plan and prioritize work, conduct interviews, observe operations, document and analyze procedures/internal controls, interact and coordinate with internal and external auditors, participate in the development of process improvement plans, review identified issues with appropriate management.
- Coordinate updating of key documentation, including; Risk and Control Matrix, Process Flowcharts, SOX Calendar, System Scoping, Report Population, etc.
- Document, coordinate, and close open requests from a variety of sources to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare program planning and analysis documentation in coordination with multiple stakeholders.
- Schedule and plan walkthroughs, interim testing, and year-end procedures auditors and process owners throughout the organization.
- Identify in-scope systems and assist in analyzing risk related to those systems. Act as a subject matter expert for the system and reporting audit requirements.
- Investigate and resolve auditor and process owner queries.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Customer service focused and solution oriented.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of experience with SOX, finance operations, accounting and/or financial audit.
- Familiarity with key business processes (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, financial close, hire to pay, equity) and related IT general controls.
- Bachelors or equivalent in accounting, finance, accounting information systems, or management information systems. Relevant certifications in accounting and/or information systems are preferred.
- Experience preparing process/internal control documentation and stakeholder presentations.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously, accept ownership and accountability for projects, and deliver on commitments.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.