Oracle Data Cloud
Customer Support Technician
As a member of the End User Services team, you will work as one of our Customer Support Technicians and you will play a key role in the advancement of our End User Services team. You will be at the forefront of supporting and maintaining our numerous compute resources. Using industry best practices and innovative approaches, you and your team will aim to provide exceptional technical support with a focus on customer service. We're looking for you to fill this role if you're sharp, patient, friendly, like to be busy, know a ton about desktop and system support and you're eager to learn more.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Daily maintenance of corporate laptops and desktops for local as well as remote employees.
• Onboarding of new employees - provisioning and delivery of computer, phone, user accounts, physical access accounts and badges as well as IT orientation delivery.
• Tracking, scheduling and delivery of refreshed workstations for existing employees.
• Maintenance of end-user equipment inventory.
• Providing secondary level assistance to help desk related questions.
• Maintenance of the user's system environment by working through related helpdesk tickets.
• Maintenance of standard user workstation images.
• Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure, telephone, printing and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
• Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5 plus years helpdesk experience
• Sound knowledge of HelpDesk operations
• Strong Outlook skills
• Apple OS and Deploy Studio, Windows 7, Microsoft office 2010 experience
• Heavy PC imaging experience
• VOIP and smartphone setup and troubleshooting experience
• TCP/IP networking experience
• Print and file share setup and troubleshooting
• Laptop, desktop and server hardware experience
• Active Directory - Users and Computers experience
• Comfort with permissions and security troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting experience with remote VPNs
• Must be a team player
• Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities
• Ability to combine judgment, experience, analytic skills, and business knowledge to make sound decisions
• Strong Interpersonal/communication skills with an eager customer service orientation
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and sound oral and written presentation skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
As a member of this fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company, work with the team to deliver real time 24x7 enterprise-wide technical support for internal and/or external customers. This includes, but is not limited to: user support of business applications, troubleshooting of technical problems and acting as a liaison between customers and resolving groups.
As a member of the Help Desk, develop a complete understanding of the Oracle product line while providing phone support to internal employees and/or outsourcing customers. Solve common user problems such as 'Email problems and functionality questions 'Network printer problems(stopping/starting queue, usage) 'Data Communication/Networking troubleshooting 'Remote network dial in access-PPP and Serial 'PC configuration and network configuration 'Oracle Base Image laptop support. Assist in providing information and support to company field personnel regarding previously reported items and resolutions to increase productivity. Gather relevant information from customers in order to address problems of limited scope or escalate to next tier of support according to established procedures. Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data where answers can be readily obtained.
Two to three years experience supporting medium to large applications, working directly with internal/external clients, and one to two years experience providing user support of IBM PC/Windows network custom business applications preferred. Experience with Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications, specifically EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and Electronic Mail preferred. Ability to develop a working knowledge of assigned company products, interact effectively with other technical and non-technical resources, and quickly establish comfortable and effective working relationships. Demonstrate ability to analyze and evaluate complex data, manage multiple tasks at one time, and problem solve to meet deadlines.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.