McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Reporting to Senior Manager of Internal
Reporting, this individual will assist with the following:
- Develop and manage a process to analyze the company-wide intercompany
accounting and reporting including:
- Intercompany expense allocations (in and out)
- Intercompany purchases and sales – reporting and eliminations
- Intercompany balances (including Receivables, Payables,
Investments and Equity) reconciliation and elimination
- Maintain and update the Corporate Chart of Accounts as it relates
to Intercompany activities.
- Liaise with International Accounting Group
to understand the implication of various intercompany transactions and
eliminations and changes in legal entity structure
- Coordinate with the Corporate Financial
Systems Group to ensure optimal utilization of Hyperion Financial Systems
(“HFM”) and/or SAP for both data flow and analyses capabilities
- Address questions relating to the intercompany
process and work with different business unit and corporate groups to ensure
that reconciling items are cleared
- SOX compliance related to the
- Proactively define and execute process
improvement initiatives during the year
- Prepare and analyze reconciliations of
equity accounts, including coordination with business units to resolve any
- Prepare and post journal entries in HFM
- Maintain and update monthly / quarterly
reporting schedules and follow up with business units on the status during the
- Track timing of monthly data submission
- Maintain and update the status of HFM
security level promotion during the month-end close
Department’s SharePoint site administration
- Various other ad-hoc analyses, financial
reporting and special projects, as assigned.
- Backfill as needed
6+ years accounting experience including 4+ years
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical skills (modeling and data manipulation) and
attention to detail (logically structure analytical problems and use critical
reasoning skills to evaluate opportunities/issues) with the ability to self
- Advanced level working with ERP system (SAP, Hyperion Financial
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with
competing, short deadlines and under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (ability to develop
concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences)
- Customer-oriented with strong ability for trouble-shooting and
- Work experience in a large multi location company preferred
- CPA preferred
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.