Internal Medicine Clinic - Medical Office Assistant - PRN
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) Responsibilities:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Medical Office Assistant performs a variety of direct patient care activities. Performs venipuncture, obtains non-invasive body fluid specimen, and assists with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Documents interactions in the patient's medical record. Assist physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as requested. Performs clerical functions to support the practice as instructed, stocks and maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms.
Requires successful completion of a medical assistant program, military corpsman, C ertified Nursing Assistant training program or 2 years or more clinical experience in physician's practice. Education:
Graduate from a Medical/ Nursing Assistant Program, military corpsman training program, or 2 years or more clinical experience in a physician's practice. Experience:
Previous experience preferred. Special qualifications:
Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent communication skills. Ability to perform multiple tasks with appropriate prioritization and organization. Hours of work:
Monday - Friday days.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom