PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risksPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging knowledge of distributed Computing, Distributed Ledger, or Blockchain technologies;
- Leveraging knowledge of the cryptographic principle underpinnings of Blockchain technologies;
- Leveraging knowledge of the mathematical basis for distributed ledger and consensus technology;
- Demonstrating hands-on and conceptual experience in security and cryptography;
- Demonstrating knowledge of
the Architecture of infrastructure, architecture and design in Cloud
- PaaS and IaaS and Open Source;
- Leveraging knowledge of NoSQL databases such as DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, and MongoDB;
- Demonstrating continuous integration/continuous deployment using (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant); and,
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in defining one or more of the following architecture aspects, including:
- Scalability; and,
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with managing the identification and addressing of customer needs in the following areas:
- Working with Modern web application development [e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Python, CSS3, Boostrap];
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall;
- Demonstrating technical Architecture programming experience: C, C+, C++, Python, C#, Java;
-Installing, configuring, and developing knowledge including work within a production environment; and,
- Collaborating and communicating within a team environment.