New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
In a highly competitive and energetic sales environment, you work with New York Life (NYL) agents to share sales ideas, provide product information and identify book of business sales opportunities. As part of a two person consultant team, you will be responsible for increasing life sales within the territory. The Life Product Consultant is responsible for providing insight and product knowledge via the agency channel. Excellent opportunity for growth and networking with numerous departments within NYL as well as Senior Leadership. Competitive compensation including base salary and sales incentives.
- Make proactive sales calls to NYL agents in an effort to increase life sales by uncovering opportunities and developing relationships.
- Work closely with the Life Product Consultants to develop and execute a business plan to maximize territorial sales.
- Analyze agent and office sales performance and create a strategic plan to generate growth.
- Become an expert in New York Life Insurance products.
- Field inbound calls from agents in regards to life products, case design and identify selling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Prior insurance or investment sales experience
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong relationship building and sales skills
- Must be a detail-oriented, well organized self starter with high energy and creativity
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.