Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader with three core businesses - Institutional Securities, Asset Management, and Global Wealth Management. Global Wealth Management is offered by the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (MSSB) franchise, which has one of the world's largest network of Financial Advisors. International Account Control ("IAC") is a primary control group for certain functions of MSSB's U.S.-based international business. IAC ensures that MSSB is in compliance with international securities regulations and is primarily responsible for the review and approval of new international account requests, international business travel, address changes to international jurisdictions, and the review of recruits with international business.
Candidates for this position should have at least 3-5 years financial services experience and the capacity to learn and adapt while multitasking in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities. A natural ability to connect with internal clients and display diplomacy and tact are a must, as are excellent written and oral communication skills. The fast-paced and intense environment in International Account Control requires an aptitude for analyzing and interpreting complex information from multiple sources in a timely manner. Operations and branch experience is a p lus.
• Review accounts for compliance with IWM and Legal guidance, and approve removal or red flags where appropriate
• Review and approve new international accounts and business travel
• Review and approve account modifications
• Provide guidance to field on dealings with international clients
• Answer calls on IAC hotline
• Assist with compilation of metrics/reports on international business
• Assist remediation of clients' accounts in response to local law changes
• Assist with coordination and content creation of international training
• Assist in creation of systematic controls to mitigate risks associated with international business
• Bachelor's Degree
• Series 7 a plus but not a requirement
• 3-5 plus years of experience in financial services
• Good understanding of complex products, including alternative investments, structured products, and UITs
• Experience with international business or in a wealth management risk group is a plus
• Familiarity with Risk Management, Compliance, Legal and AML principles
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with MS structure, products and services
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office
• Foreign language skills a plus
Please include a resume and cover letter with all applications.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.