At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Package Engineering Co-Op
for 3M's Package Engineering Department located in Maplewood, MN for 2019.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it's not magic. It's the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Package Engineering Co-op
will assist in the development and implementation of creative, innovative package solutions. Students will have the opportunity to learn as well as contribute through a team of global Packaging Professionals.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of package solutions.
- Support the modification and improvement of existing package designs, methods and/or solutions.
- Perform and coordinate package testing according to established protocols.
- Work with suppliers of packaging materials and/or contract packaging vendors to obtain price/cost estimates, sample/material needs and design requirements.
- Research, interpret and analyze information/data to assist in the completion of packaging projects.
- Create, maintain, obtain, and analyze packaging data that enables improvements in the packaging implementation and optimization process.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Completed at minimum your Sophomore year (4 semesters) by the start of the internship
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Package Engineering, Packaging Science, or Supply Chain from an accredited university
- Completion of Package Materials and Package Design & Development curriculum
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
: Maplewood, MNTravel
: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.