Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description:
The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment.As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Objective - To perform market research for the SGT Account Management team that will assist in identifying new target account opportunities and to update key customer account information.
Desired Outcome - This market research function will assist in the identification of new business opportunities for SGT and also to identify the best key federal customer accounts for SGT and for Siemens to manage, which result in increased customer satisfaction and additional business opportunities for SGT and for Siemens.
Specific responsibilities - The intern will utilize existing SGT and Siemens customer account information to update previous market research, which was created in the past two years, to validate business results from customer, trend patterns of customer business results, and potential growth opportunities. The intern will work under the direction of Director - Account Management & Customer Development and the Director's designated team members to complete assigned specific tasks as follows:
- Assimilate and review previous market research to identify gaps and missing data
- Perform customer account research using Salesforce available to update individual customer business results, including lines of business and trends
- Utilize previous market research completed on the federal energy market and update the market research utilizing previous research tools or new tools that would be more effective
- Work with Director and/or designee to review market research and determine best market reporting format to utilize
- Update and/or create new market reports to be used by Account Management team for identification of new federal customer opportunities
- Present to the Account Management team the results of market analysis and then participate in Account Management team meeting to prioritize new federal customer opportunities into top federal customer targets
- Learn business development and sales techniques by participating in sales call planning meetings (internal) and/or participate in customer meetings (external). Note - external customer meetings will be limited to manageable number, nomore than 3, and to minimize travel (i.e. local customers in VA/DC/Maryland area)
- Utilize customer account information available from Siemens and from SGT to create a combined list of federal key customer accounts (i.e. Top 30) based on overall sales volume in the past 5 years. Work with Director to identify best Top 10 Federal Key customers.
Developmental Aspects - the intern will learn about market research and analysis tools in use by SGT and Siemens and apply the use of the tools. The intern will also have the ability to complete external research to identify potential new market research and analysis tools that may be available for future use by SGT. Intern will have multiple opportunities to present information (Presentational skills) to small internal SGT teams on the market research performed and results of the research. The intern will also be able to get exposed to sales techniques (Sales skills) by participating in internal sales call planning meetings. There may be limited opportunities for intern to observe sales techniques in person by participating in customer meetings.
Career Development - we are interested in finding an intern that is interested in business and learning the customer side of business. This position will allow the intern to learn marketing research tools available and research skills, gain presentation skills from giving presentations to small internal teams, and learn some sales skills. All of these skills can be applied to the intern's continued education and other future career activities the intern seeks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- This position will be based in Reston, VA or Arlington, VA
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
We help our Federal customers address national imperatives in energy, infrastructure, automation and marine platforms.