Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description:
The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment.As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Objective - To support the SGT team focused on marine electrical propulsion systems for the US Navy and other Department of Defense applications with electrical plant definitions and layouts.
Desired Outcome - This engineering position will assist in the development of various electrical plant system layouts and associated plant evaluations.The position establishes a vital support role to the marine electric propulsion team for supplying customers with representative shipboard layouts of electric power distribution in both Alternative and Direct Current systems.
Developmental Aspects - Developmental Aspects - the intern will learn about marine electrical distribution systems and designs as well as components (Siemens battery storage and fuel cell systems) that are components of the electric distribution systems.The intern will have multiple opportunities to present information (Presentational skills) to small internal SGT teams on marine system designs and the market research performed.The intern will also be able to get exposed to sales and technical meeting techniques (Sales and program management skills) by participating in internal team call planning meetings. There may be limited opportunities for intern to observe customer interaction and program development in person by participating in customer meetings.
The intern will utilize existing SGT and Siemens personnel to create a series of electrical system layouts, mainly high level, define Siemens components and capabilities that are within the electrical system layout as well as identify areas where Siemens needs components/partners to complete entire system configurations.The intern will work und the direction of Director of US Navy Market and the Directors designated team members to complete the assigned specific tasks as follows:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Assimilate and review current electric plant layouts and add conceptual system layouts based on identified ship platforms
- Identify gaps and missing data that Siemens needs to complete full shipboard electrical systems
- Provide support to team working on designing electrical power distribution systems for fuel cell power systems.
- Work with Director and/or designee to review market trends in Medium Voltage Direct Currently power systems for marine vessels
- Update and/or createmarket reports in marine power systems to be used bymarineteam for identification of new federal customer opportunities
- Present to the team the results of market analysis and then participate in team meeting to prioritize new federal customer opportunities and needs to aid growth in top federal customer targets
- Learn business development and sales techniques by participating in sales call planning meetings (internal) and/or participate in customer meetings (external). Note - external customer meetings will be limited to manageable number, nomore than 3, and to minimize travel (i.e. local customers in VA/DC/Maryland area)
- Utilize customer account information available from Siemens and from SGT to create a combined list of federal key customer marine initiatives (i.e. Top 30) based on overall sales volume in the past 5 years. Work with Director to identify best Top 10 Federal Key opportunities.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
We help our Federal customers address national imperatives in energy, infrastructure, automation and marine platforms.