At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Finance Intern located in Maplewood, MN for summer 2018. Here, you go.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it's not magic. It's the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.Finance at 3M:
Our Finance organization is a leader in providing proactive business financial analysis, consulting, auditing, and reporting. With more than 25 divisions across the organization, you can be part of an imaginative team that makes life better for our customers.Job Summary
In Finance at 3M, you'll find an opportunity to build skills, work on a team with talented professionals, and increase your leadership potential. Interns in Finance address relevant business concerns through both individual and team-oriented projects. When you join us for your internship, you'll participate in a highly developed new employee roundtable connecting you with numerous events and networks. You will have initial and ongoing training opportunities and exposure to senior leadership through informational interviews, social events, and a formal presentation. 3M Finance intern assignments can occur in any of the functional areas within our Finance organization; interns will work on projects that represent real challenges faced by 3M and mirror the work of our full-time team members.
Example assignment areas include:
- Business Finance Counsel: Assigned responsibility for a business segment, product line, plant, or staff organization to provide business counsel, analysis and financial recommendations.
- Auditing: Assigned to one or more auditing teams to perform audits in specific organizations or audit process improvement projects.
- Business Accounting: Assigned projects to improve global financial accounting processes or assigned responsibility for a process or business segment to provide accurate, efficient and timely financial reporting, analysis and participate in process standardization.
- Treasury: Specific projects to assess and make recommendations on investment or risk management strategies.
- Other: Assignments in Tax or Corporate Accounting.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business from an accredited university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Completed a minimum of your junior year (six (6) semesters) of college by internship start date
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, communication, and team skills
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales and 90,000 employees who connect with customers all around the world, we are deeply committed to finding creative solutions to the world's problems. Learn more about 3M at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom. For information about a career at 3M, go directly to www.3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.