Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) partners with other business and support areas to protect TIAA financial strength and reputation, helps continue to deliver our long-term promises, and helps meet the strategic objectives of the organization. ERM is aligned to meet both the line of business needs and enterprise needs. The Summer Associate will be part of the Financial Risk team, which is responsible for setting standards and overseeing both on- and off-balance sheet financial risks - which spans investment risk, liability risk and balance sheet liquidity risk. In coordination with business partners, this team develops macro-economic scenarios and builds various tools and methods to strengthen and drive a strategic enterprise-wide stress testing and scenario analysis program. They also provide input on investment assumptions that influence successful product pricing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
*Rising 2nd year MBA students * Two to four years of professional work experience, including at least one year working in risk management or investment management at a top-tier consulting firm or internal strategy group
* Ability to think strategically
* Ability to independently conduct business analyses, including financial and product portfolio; experience in identifying relevant data and collecting such data from public and private sources
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Self-starter, high energy and detail oriented; ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work and adjust to changing deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
* Experience using strategic frameworks and structured thinking tools
* Knowledge of financial services, risk management, asset management and/or insurance industry a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.