Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description:
The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment.As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Objective - Perform and assist in Human Resources projects and support the HR team in their effort to partner with the SGT Business.
Developmental Aspects - the SGT HR intern will experience a comprehensive view of the Human Resources business:from Talent Acquisition to Talent Development, what it means to be a Business Partner along with the process that goes on behind-the-scenes.
- Work with HR Quality/Process lead on a Compensation Modeling project.Assist in the mapping of the former and new compensation along with the implementation and communication of the new model.
- Partner with Talent Development lead to design and compose training documents on various HR tools and processes.
- Review the SGT Onboarding Project and provide refinement on the implementation of the program.
- Learn the SGT Talent Acquisition and assist with sourcing and scheduling of candidates.
- Lead an effort to re-design the HR Portal (webpage).
- Participate in a group project with other Interns that will be presented to the SGT Executive Leadership at the conclusion of the internship
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- This position will be based in Reston, VA or Arlington, VA
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
We help our Federal customers address national imperatives in energy, infrastructure, automation and marine platforms.