At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Process Engineering Intern
for the Electronics & Energy Business Group/ Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations located in Menomonie, WI for summer 2017.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it's not magic. It's the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Process Engineering Intern
will provide technical and project leadership for the FMSCO Pilot Plant Coating and Film Operations. They would lead process and operational improvement projects using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Tools. The projects would impact new product development, cost reduction and quality improvement. This person will interact in various cross-functional teams. They would also be responsible for providing engineering support for multiple experiments within the Pilot Plant.
As a Manufacturing Technology Process Engineering intern, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads structured projects that contribute to process and product understanding of key manufacturing processes.
- Assist and implement Lean activities.
- Provide technical support to pilot plant operations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Science or Engineering from an accredited university
- Candidates should have completed a minimum of their Junior Year (6 semesters) by summer of 2017
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Previous internships in a pilot plant or other manufacturing operations
- Campus or community organization leadership positions
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.