Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description:
The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment.As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Objective - The Project Development Internship will be a member of the Energy and Infrastructure organization. The intern will learn the full scope of the Energy business specifically in ESPC, by engaging in the day-to-day project development and contributing to the effort by creating tools that will optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the E&I group.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Work to refine and standardize tools and templates used in development and engineering departments
- Work with Project Developers in their regular interaction with internal and external stake holders.
- Review and refine the Project Development Guide.
- Engage with cross functional groups such as Engineering to obtain and organize data in preparation for customer and executive level reviews
- Use Excel or other MS Office applications to develop and enhance tools and processes for the E&I organization
- Cross functional support to the Engineering team, gathering technical data for management presentations
- Compare technical data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Utility bill analysis
- Compile and perform engineering analysis of building and/or site utility survey data including the following: lighting systems, heating and cooling equipment, electrical distribution, domestic water users, building envelope, and renewables.
- Assist on writing and formatting technical reports
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Mechanical or Electrical engineering majors
- Propensity to be self-motivated/self-guided (manager will be remote from Reston office)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- This position will be based in Reston, VA.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .