At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Sourcing Intern
for the Sourcing Operations organization located in Austin, TX for summer 2017.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it's not magic. It's the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.Sourcing at 3M:
Every day, one out of every four people around the world uses a 3M product. That's because every day at 3M, our employees have one thing in mind - to help customers succeed at home, in the workplace, on the go and around the world. Our employees have an uncanny ability to see customer needs and then meet them by drawing on 3M's pool of technology.Job Summary:
As a Sourcing intern, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Uses Global Strategic Sourcing and Corporate analysis tools and applications to support Global Commodity Teams' Sourcing Cost Reduction and Sourcing for Growth activities and projects.
- Develops and expands knowledge in strategic sourcing analysis, supplier and market analysis, benchmarking and global sourcing effectiveness.
- Increases knowledge of Global Sourcing Operations strategies and activities to meet specific 3M internal business unit requirements through assigned activities and projects.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements that improve cost and service through analysis of global sourcing information and metrics.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business or Communications from an accredited university
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management or a related field from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Completed at minimum your Junior year (6 semesters) by the start of the internship
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.