Government ServicesBusiness Unit:
Government ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-Virginia-RestonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/ Job Description:
The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment.As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Objective - Work with Subcontract Administrators to assist in procurement file administration to learn regulatory compliance.In addition, support Strategic Sourcing with industry research and analysis.
Developmental Aspects - The intern will learn all aspects of Government Subcontract Administration used by SGT and all Government Contractors.There will be a direct involvement with Federal Acquisition Regulations and the execution of the required documentation internally and externally with suppliers.Communication skills will be developed when engaging internal customer as well as the supplier community.The intern will be exposed to, and required to perform various tasks that will enhance analytical skills.Information provided by suppliers will require comparative analysis that must be transformed into written reports. On occasion the intern will participate in source selection team meetings and/or in supplier technical reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Support commodity sourcing strategies working in collaboration with SCMl staff on the project
- Learn to build and support Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) business case development in evaluation subcontractor proposals
- Research procurement market for specialized subcontractor capabilities and support establishment of a responsible competitive source base.
- Review complex procurement packages with SCM assigned staff, and support a comparative analysis, support development of rationale and recommendations of a course of action to procurement management.
- Actively engage in vendor survey activity and develop the appropriate vendor profile information based on survey inputs.
- Evaluate quotations received to determine the responding subcontractors' capabilities to comply with requirements.
- Learn to perform cost/price analysis on supplier submitted data.
- Support the SCM staff Source Selection on bids.Develop a rationale for that selection and learn to develop a recommendation. Participate in supplier debriefs
- Support and perform various tasks of subcontract administration through the entire life cycle of the subcontract term.
- Support the administration of subcontracts for a SGT in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements.
- Learn to identifytactical subcontract opportunities with significant impact to the company
- Assist with the creation of Small Business Subcontracting Plans
- Work with Director and/or designee to review market research and determine best market reporting format to utilize
- Update and/or create new market reports to be used by Account Management team for identification of new federal customer opportunities
- Present to the Account Management team the results of market analysis and then participate in Account Management team meeting to prioritize new federal customer opportunities into top federal customer targets
- Learn business development and sales techniques by participating in sales call planning meetings (internal) and/or participate in customer meetings (external). Note - external customer meetings will be limited to manageable number, nomore than 3, and to minimize travel (i.e. local customers in VA/DC/Maryland area)
- Utilize customer account information available from Siemens and from SGT to create a combined list of federal key customer accounts (i.e. Top 30) based on overall sales
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- This position will be based in Reston, VA or Arlington, VA
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .