The goal of this 12-week summer program is to recognize and attract top talent to The Home Depot. This is a great opportunity for students interested in a post-graduate full-time position with our Store Operations organization, including Store Operations, Asset Protection, Building Services, Customer Care, Workforce Operations, Tool Rental, and Centralized Returns.
As part of the 12-week program, Interns will have the opportunity to learn from Executive leadership, give a final presentation, gain exposure to the in-store environment, tour distribution facilities, interact with other Home Depot interns and participate in social and networking events.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Project Management; Process Improvement
- Completing business requirement specifications
- Leading brainstorming sessions & gathering feedback from stores
- Strategic planning
- System development methodology; analyzing data
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Interact with top leaders for career guidance
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Sr. Analyst or Manager, Operations.
- Will not have direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 00
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong analytical skills
- Process/detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management experience
- Time Management
- Planning, organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities
- Juniors and Seniors currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Management Information Systems, or Retail Studies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!