GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Interruptor Mechanic, you will build and install drive mechanisms and breakers according to blueprints and wiring diagrams by performing the required duties.
As the Mechanical Assembler/ Interruptor Mechanic, you will:
* Unpack interrupters and inspect each one for proper functioning
* Complete inspection of each type
* Assemble breakers to standard drawings and customer specifications
* Discuss errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems
* Perform assembly functions in accordance with Quality Control Procedures to ensure the output will meet Quality Control and customer standards
* Inspect own work to ensure that each breaker is properly assembled, vacuumed, pre filled, and ready to test
* Document work performed by filling out proper forms (Labor, Quality Control Records, etc.)
* Clean work area at the end of the shift
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 1 year of experience and / or technical training in electro-mechanical assembly
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.