North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of imaging assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the patient's prescription/orders in accordance with the Department and organization standards and policies.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient's status and condition and reports to appropriate person.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs and nursing problems based on observations and data collection.
CARE OF THE PATIENT
- Delegates task s to personnel based on skill level, patient care needs, policy, and ability to provide required supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient population of the department.
- Utilizes restraints with appropriate justification and documentation in accordance with hospital policy.
- Performs and documents diagnostic and therapeutic procedures required by patient assignment consistent with scientific principles, hospital and department policies, patient age and/or developmental needs.
- Collaborates with other health care team members, patient/family/SO, in developing the plan of care.
- Ensures continuity of care through precise and consistent sharing of patient information with other department members and staff.
MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION
- Makes appropriate and timely referrals as patient need identified.
- Assures that all documents placed in patient records are accurately identified with correct patient information.
- Maintains organized patient records for ready access by all care givers.
- Complies with all hospital and department policies regarding documentation requirements.
- Coordinates the flow of procedures and identifies patient needs with other services and departments throughout the facility.
- Functions as Preceptor or teaches classes within the facility/organization/Network.
PATIENT/FAMILY EDUCATION :
- Informs staff of private patient issues
Provides patient/family education as per department and hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists with patient/family/significant other's learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's plan of care.
- Identifies and documents patient/family/SO's education needs in collaboration with other disciplines and implements an on-going education relevant to these needs.
- Explains tests, procedures, disease processes, medications and equipment to patient and family throughout the course of treatment.
- Documents patient teaching on appropriate teaching tool for each teaching episode.
- Provides teaching material as needed (pamphlets, video tapes, etc.) to enhance patient teaching.
- Collaborates with other health care providers in developing a teaching plan for patient.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Ensures patient/family/SO understand discharge instructions.
Graduation from an accredited Radiology Technologist program. Completed training in Special Procedures. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
1 year related experience in special procedures. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work, computer skills, and ability to multi-task. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Required: State of Florida HRS Licensure as a "General Radiographer". Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
Preferred: ARRT Registration RT & VI or CV.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
To learn more about the facility, please visit our website at www.nfrmc.com
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom