North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of imaging assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the patient's prescription/orders in accordance with the Department and organization standards and policies.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient's status and condition and reports to appropriate person.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs and nursing problems based on observations and data collection.
CARE OF THE PATIENT
- Delegates task s to personnel based on skill level, patient care needs, policy, and ability to provide required supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient population of the department.
- Utilizes restraints with appropriate justification and documentation in accordance with hospital policy.
- Performs and documents diagnostic and therapeutic procedures required by patient assignment consistent with scientific principles, hospital and department policies, patient age and/or developmental needs.
- Collaborates with other health care team members, patient/family/SO, in developing the plan of care.
- Ensures continuity of care through precise and consistent sharing of patient information with other department members and staff.
MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION
- Makes appropriate and timely referrals as patient need identified.
- Assures that all documents placed in patient records are accurately identified with correct patient information.
- Maintains organized patient records for ready access by all care givers.
- Complies with all hospital and department policies regarding documentation requirements.
- Coordinates the flow of procedures and identifies patient needs with other services and departments throughout the facility.
- Functions as Preceptor or teaches classes within the facility/organization/Network.
PATIENT/FAMILY EDUCATION :
- Informs staff of private patient issues
Provides patient/family education as per department and hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists with patient/family/significant other's learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's plan of care.
- Identifies and documents patient/family/SO's education needs in collaboration with other disciplines and implements an on-going education relevant to these needs.
- Explains tests, procedures, disease processes, medications and equipment to patient and family throughout the course of treatment.
- Documents patient teaching on appropriate teaching tool for each teaching episode.
- Provides teaching material as needed (pamphlets, video tapes, etc.) to enhance patient teaching.
- Collaborates with other health care providers in developing a teaching plan for patient.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Ensures patient/family/SO understand discharge instructions.
Graduation from an accredited Radiology Technologist program. Completed training in Special Procedures. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
1 year related experience in special procedures. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work, computer skills, and ability to multi-task. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Required: State of Florida HRS Licensure as a "General Radiographer". Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
Preferred: ARRT Registration RT & VI or CV.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
To learn more about the facility, please visit our website at www.nfrmc.com