The Superintendent role is a self-directed role with accountabilities for flawless execution of intervention activities including safety, cost, and production. This includes reviewing processes and equipment for efficiencies, well site leader trouble shooting support, safety verifications of intervention activities technical coaching for well site leaders. This role is intended to be 50% in the field across BP L48's North Business Unit to ensure adherence to safe and cost-effective operational practices, execution of scheduled and routine work, and proper execution of 3rd party / vendor contracts. Key accountabilities
- Ensures all well intervention activity is conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and company policy
- Verify that all processes associated with well interventions are audited and performing efficiently
- Actively participates in safety review of vendors/service providers
- Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of NPT events
- Supports Engineers/TLs in design and optimization of well intervention plans and procedures
- Reviews and provides input to cost analysis for AFEs in relation to well intervention projects.
- Ensures intervention expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored
- Acts as the focal point for all queries on well operations matters from both internal and external sources related to the overall well intervention program
- Ensures well intervention personnel understand applicable controls and procedures and that they are effectively implemented
- Participates in well services strategy and contractor management strategy with PSCM and fosters relationships with key suppliers
- Provides coaching and personal growth guidance to Well Site Leaders
Bachelor's Degree PreferredEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 5 + years' experience in intervention operations and/or engineering
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of significant business/operational improvement
- High level of self-motivation, leadership and ability to motivate, organize and manage team.
N/ADesirable criteria & qualifications
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker; who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Demonstrated proven track record of multi-disciplinary initiatives
- Demonstrated operational and commercial focus. self-directed, process-oriented, strong business acumen, and experience at driving change
Yes - up to 50%Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP's Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "18-Dec-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.