Penske Logistics is looking for an Inventory Clerk to become part of an excellent team servicing the largest grocery store chain in the nation. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Employees under the direction of the inventory control manager will assist in keeping an accurate inventory ensuring the system inventory in the WMS matches the physical inventory stored at the facility. This requires individual to work in refrigerated / frozen environment, and to utilize various inventory control systems.
Our associates enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
2 nd Shift: 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensuring system count matches physical inventory
• Resolve discrepancies at location and pallet level
• Look for missing product in storage locations
• Update WMS to match physical through various methods
• Research and document root cause
• Ensuring proper rotation of product
• Analyze reports to identify rotation issues
• Ensure rotation physically moved as required
• Research and document root cause
• Accurately receive inventory
• Work with checkers to ensure accurate receipt of inventory
• Audit inbound receipts, both physically and through receipt documentations
• Accurately induct x-dock into inventory
• Data setup and validation
• Accurately input required data elements into WMS and various other applications
• Audit existing data for inaccurate data
• Manage unsalable inventory to resolution
• Accurately document information on product recalls, including physically segregating as required.
• Work with procurement on product expiration and product holds to final resolution
• Accurately record dump / donate and other product dispositions
• Manage inventory adjustments as required
• Ensure that appropriate adjustment methods are utilized in inventory manipulation
• Ensure appropriate signage accurately located in distribution center
• Organize warehouse to efficiently store and pick product
• Maintain accurate storage logic as developed with industrial engineer
• Slot new items daily maintaining optimal locations and pick patterns
• Assist with analyzing new DC layouts
• Process analysis and documentation
• Work with inventory management to document and train inventory procedures to warehouse operations
• Manage outside storage inventory
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels between offsite storage and DC to maintain service level.
• Analyze inbound purchase orders and determine best candidates for outside storage to minimize outside storage cost
• Maintain accurate reporting on outside storage process
• Assist with daily and weekly reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Perform all other tasks as assigned by management
• Assist in development and implementation of special project and task
Physical requirements and working conditions:
• Standing, scanning frequently and for prolonged periods (anywhere from 8-12 hours).
• Manual dexterity to use required tools of job.
• Good vision and hearing required to operate safely.
• Ability to work at heights of 40' with appropriate safety equipment
• Must be able to lift, stack, push and pull boxes weighing from a few ounces to near 100 lbs occasionally
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.