Under general supervision of the Inventory Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position within the Distribution Center responsible for accurately maintaining detailed records of merchandise in existing inventory as well as inventory on order.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Accurately counts bulk merchandise in primary warehouse locations.
- Performs appropriate adjustments on inventory levels.
- Researches discrepancies as it relates to inventory levels as needed.
- Requests return authorizations pulls product packages and ships returns and recalls.
- Provides internal and external customer support.
- Assists with physical inventory.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures when necessary.
- Supports the Inventory Department with a variety of tasks such as placing purchase orders writes narcotic blanks monitors service levels and breaks down deals.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year of equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong product knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mathematical skill
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel