Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Inventory Configuration Specialist m/f
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Veresegyhaz, Unspecified
The Inventory Configuration Specialist m/f will work in the Parts Planning & Material Management Organization, and will be a key role to lead inventory optimization efforts.
As the Inventory Configuration Specialist m/f, you will:
* Lead collaboration efforts to reduce Slow Moving Inventory across Capital and Flow material planners
* Leverage technical expertise to drive initiatives with engineering to uncover modification opportunities for slow moving inventory configurations
* Drive process excellence to minimize operational impact of engineering related changes on stock and slow moving inventory
* Analyze technical specifications and drawing for parts attributes assignments
* Own Parts ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) cycle count monthly and annual updates
* Own data configuration and process for key inventory management systems such as Servigistics, Data Warehouse, Oracle, and Global Inventory System (GIS)
* Perform key ECR (Engineering Change Request) / ECO (Engineering Change Order) sign off responsibilities
* Own SII / OP / Blue Print financial reporting models for Slow Moving Inventory
* Lead Slow Moving Inventory Sales Incentive programs
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical discipline from an accredited college or universityor equivalent knowledge / experience
* Some experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
* Knowledge of key turbine components or configuration (Gas and/or Steam Turbines, Generator, Industrial)
* GE factory / sourcing fulfillment experience (GE Employees Only)
* Ability to interpret technical drawings and bills of material
* Exceptional analytical skill set
* Ability to work in a cross functional, global, and multi-tasked environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and influencing skills
* Proven project management skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and all levels of management
* Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Proficient with Microsoft products, including Excel, Power Point and Access
* Minimum of 2 years of experience within PS (Power Services) business (GE Employees Only)
PLEASE NOTE: Atlanta, GA is the preferred location, however other U.S. locations may be considered.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.