The Inventory Control Associate will be responsible for day-to-day management of receiving discrepancies, late purchase order management, and customer backorder management. This position will require close coordination with Inventory Control, Product Management, Operations, Logistics, Carriers and Vendors.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage all receiving discrepancies, working with internal departments and external sources to resolve and reconcile.
- Track and manage all late purchase orders, working with vendors, IBI logistics, external transportation departments and operations to ensure timely receipt.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Operations and Vendors to ensure optimum service to our customers.
- Investigate and Monitor all Inbound Receipts for accuracy and Vendor Compliance to ensure that POD is properly signed, and an Interline Distribution Center has proper recourse to pursue a claim.
- Perform CubiScan requirements for inbound freight.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Compliance Manager
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in supply chain, operations, purchasing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to travel between two locations as required, 22 miles one way
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!