Inventory Control Specialist
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to support all US Crop Protection and Seed inventory activities within the US Logistics organization. As the Inventory Control Specialist, you will help drive inventory management activities across all brands with an emphasis on US Crop Protection.
A key function of this role will be to assure that Monsanto is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for inventory reporting. The responsibility of the Specialist includes monitoring of inventory, collecting inventory reports, resolving inventory issues and reporting on inventory accuracy. Specialists are accountable for highlighting potential issues and opportunities as well as recommending resolutions. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly inventory reporting across all brands for warehouse sites as assigned
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures to assure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Resolve any inventory issues and advise management when appropriate
- Ensure that KPI metrics are maintained and reported monthly
- Conduct inventory analysis to solve inventory problems
- Evaluate and streamline current procedures to create a more efficient process
- Work across various teams to coordinate and complete annual site audits
- BS in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Agriculture, Engineering, Business or related area
- Minimum of 4 years experience within supply chain, operations or logistics.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Proficiency with SAP and the ability to learn various inventory management and warehouse management systems
- Ability to influence, manage conflict, and build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and inventory locations
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of inventory management processes for both liquid and dry products
- Experience developing and maintaining automated reports and metrics highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to participate in system enhancements, identification, and projects
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.