Airgas On-Site Safety Services is currently seeking an Inventory Control Specialist. The Inventory Control Specialist ensures delivery of outstanding customer services through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordination with other departments. As an Inventory Control Specialist, you will ensure accurate counts of inventory and documentation of incoming and outgoing orders. This position also serves as the first point of contact for general Customer inquiries and requests. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the business relationship with our clients by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote exceptional customer relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answering of phones
• Accurately take customer orders and enter into Navision, processing required paperwork, through close out of order is NaVision system.
• Tracking of all Customer orders and timely follow-up
• Shipping packages and pallets of equipment to customers and other AOSS branches via UPS, Unishippers, FedEx etc.
• Ship and receive transfers in Navision to and from respective branches
• Receiving of off rented equipment from customers and off renting in Navision
• Review returned equipment to inspect for customer damage or missing equipment promptly and report for billing
• Process each day's activity promptly and accurately
• Weekly inventory cycle counting and quarterly fixed asset inventory & other periodic inventories as needed
• Keep work station and non-safety sensitive items clean as needed
• Verifying barcodes are accurate in Navision
• Preparing bill of ladings and packing slips for shipments
• Data entry of new equipment serial numbers on FA Upload form to be reported to the Fleet Manager
• Timely submission of new part number requests to AOSS Inventory Control
• Maintaining a clean and organized commodities warehouse
• Pulling orders to be scanned, shipped in Navision, and sent out for delivery.
• Requesting barcodes from Fleet Manager for CAR's (Capital Appropriation Requests)
• Transferring of commodities to/from the branch
• Verify all equipment is bar-coded and all barcodes are clear, clean, and legible
• Accurately process customer orders and enter into Navision / Stock N Roll
• Maintain neat and orderly office appearance
• Have a complete understanding OSHA / NIOSH requirements of the equipment and components comprised of a package (Fall Protection, Respiratory, compressors electronics, etc.)
• Insure all equipment is tagged for QA/QC prior to shipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, small type face, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Office, shop and yard environment; may be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration; works in customer environments; exposure to high pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
• Bachelors Degree a plus
• Experience in Safety Sales and Rental is required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Working experience with direct customer contact / customer service preferred
• High customer service standards.
• Pleasant, professional and tactful telephone manner
• Safety products knowledge is helpful.
• Familiarity with all type of office machines
• High Level of computer familiarity and accuracy
o [Microsoft programs - Outlook, Excel, Word and Navision a plus]
• Able to calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra in determining gross margin, gross profit %, actual to goal figures, and freight considerations.
• Detail oriented and organized
• Willing and capable of working on numerous open ongoing tasks
• Ability to prioritize
• Willing and regular communicator with supervisors and co-workers
• Superior communication skills, oral and written, with staff, clients and others
• Willing to augment and upgrade personal capabilities
• Comfortable in dealing with clients, staff, suppliers and others
• Flexible and willing work habits
• Dependable and timely attendance
• Acceptable appearance
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including medical/dental, life & disability, and 401(k) plan with match.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.