Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Our Soda Springs Idaho plant, a leading producer of elemental phosphorus, is seeking a qualified individual for the open Inventory Coordinator position in the storeroom. The successful candidate will be expected to provide quality storeroom and inventory services for the production plant in Soda Springs, ID.
An Inventory Coordinator's primary job functions are to provide a consistently high level of customer service, maintain accurate storeroom inventory and to provide a variety of diverse skills to support the storeroom process. Inventory Coordinators are encouraged to find and develop strategies and projects that will improve safety, sustainability, productivity, and reliability of the facility. This position is a hands-on position that requires the successful candidate to build relationships across work functions and with a diverse workforce. This position will report directly to the Soda Springs Storeroom Supervisor and work at the Soda Springs Idaho site. Responsibilities:
- Requisitions stock to fill incoming orders and assist planners and employees in finding parts
- Ensure all returns are picked up, inspected and credited back to the right department
- Post all reservations and stage parts for shutdowns
- Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications
- Research and identification of plant equipment and parts used
- Ensure that all stores inventory is counted and verified on an annual basis
- Maintain and store inventory in a safe manner and in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines (This includes overseeing all needed maintenance for storeroom inventory and ensuring that the inventory is stored in the proper location)
- Verify that all warehouse safety systems are maintained
- Ensure logical organization of warehouse inventory
- Complete understanding and application of Monsanto and inventory principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Knowledge of industry practices
- Oversee storeroom process during shutdowns including providing night and weekend coverage
- In depth computer and SAP tasks
- This position may be called upon to train other storeroom personnel and to back up the Storeroom Lead/Buyer
- Safely operate forklift/stock picker/delivery truck
- High school diploma
- Warehouse/inventory experience
- Competent in general computer usage
- General knowledge of industrial parts
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to stand, lift, bend, and walk for extended periods
- Forklift/Stock picker certification
- General knowledge of the Soda Springs Plant and the equipment and parts used
- SAP experience
- Good communication skills and ability to interface effectively with vendors, plant customers, and senior management
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple requests at one time
Monsanto provides employees with competitive wages and a complete package of benefits, which includes: a 401(k) plan, medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance, parental leave and other work/life resources.
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.