Under general supervision of the Vice President Distribution Center Manager responsible for maintaining all records relative to the Distribution Center's inventory and ensuring proper inventory levels to meet customer needs. Oversees the control of inventory by providing communication on inventory issues between Customer Service Inventory Control Management Receiving Suppliers other Distribution Centers and Procurement. Manages inventory in a facility exceeding $2 billion in annual revenue PkMS or advanced warehouse distribution technology more than 500 primary customers and exceeding 50000 lines per day.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains integrity of the physical inventory by location.
- Analyzes and monitors the financial and operational impact of inventory adjustments.
- Establishes and manages cycle count programs to maintain inventory balance.
- Researches transaction history to determine the source of inventory variances and order filling errors.
- Researches potential quantity variances as identified by accounts payable.
- Generates active locations for new items.
- Recommends merchandise movement based on velocity report.
- Executes inventory transfers and reassigns active locations resulting from SlotInfo analysis.
- Ensures compliance with corporate shelf-life policies.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Ensures proper classification and storage of inventory.
- Effectively queries inventory and all order-related transaction history.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Distribution Center associates.
- Responsible for motivating and managing the activities of the Inventory Control Clerks.
- Responsible for the selection training and performance management of the Inventory Control Clerks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience including two (2) years at a supervisory level.
- Detailed understanding of all warehouse practices and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of PkMS transaction history and product flow
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve inventory issues effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite