Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Conducts inventory assessments for collection and post-collection sites and ensuring that sites' inventories and warranties are updated. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and duties may vary by department.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Establishes inventory minimums and maximums for sites, as determined by Market Area Fleet policy.
- Identifies overstocked, low usage items, and obsolete inventory. Responsible for monitoring SOP/ILR inventories to ensure none are older than 2 weeks.
- Negotiates the lowest cost, highest yield option for purging low usage or obsolete inventory from sites.
- Coordinates and arranges stock transfers between sites and other Market Areas.
- Files warranty claims, arranges returns, and data-mining the Fleet database for campaign opportunities and ensuring all sites are submitted.
- Responsible for overall stockroom organization and shelves are faced during visits.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited) and at least 1 year of previous experience.
- Preferred: 2-3 years of previous experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- This position may require coaching of other employees and assigning work activities to other employees.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.