The Inventory Planning Manager is key member of the centralized Lubricants' Planning Team that supports the Americas region of the Lubricants' Global Supply Chain (GSC). As the Inventory Planning Advisor, you will collaborate with the demand and supply planning teams to optimize and balance our inventory while helping the business deliver on key metrics. In this new corporate role, you will be responsible for setting the strategic inventory levels of every finished good and raw material for our Lubricants' business. This is a critical role in helping ensure the success of the business by optimizing the demand and supply balance.Key accountabilities
- Collaborate with Planning, other GSC teams and Finance to understand customer expectations and our current strategies to deliver those expectations.
- Define, implement, and achieve the inventory vision, strategy and development roadmap.
- Manage the vendor process including installation and configuration of an inventory optimization program.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory optimization master data, creating and running models, validating the output, and making recommendations to meet both customer service expectations and working capital targets.
- Build best practice and functional expertise around planning and inventory management.
- Design and implement strategies to track and identify our cost savings and impact as we optimize inventory to achieve the best experience by our customers at the lowest cost.
- Collaborate with Cluster Supply Planning Managers on their inventory performance process, including their inventory reviews with planners, their generation of the forward inventory projections and annual plans, weekly SKU adherence to target, and any ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with the Product Lifecycle Manager and the Slow Moving and Obsolete (SLOBS) process. Ensure we have exit plans in place by working with Sales and Marketing on sell-off plans or with GSC to re-work or scrap product. Partner with Finance on ensuring we have provisions in place and on obtaining write-off approvals.
- Support the Network Optimization process by providing inventory impact analysis on proposed network changes.
Essential experience and job requirements
- BS degree, preferably in business administration, engineering, supply chain, or logistics is required.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Five years of experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Distribution, or Planning.
- SAP/APO planning experience (DRP, MPS, MRP, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or leading activities with cross-functional supply chain partners.
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification, data analysis, and process improvement.
- High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- MBA or advanced degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Mathematics, or Computer Science preferred
- Two years production planning experience.
- Experience in advanced supply chain planning and optimization software.
- APICS or CSCMP certification.
- At least 3 years of experience in consumer products or a similar fast moving industry, in either production and/or supply chain.
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.Segment
[ "24-Oct-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.