We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Purchasing and Inventory Control Coordinator
will execute the daily functions for inventory, ordering and receiving processes of the Small Parts and Crib Department in Kawneer Bloomsburg. This position will require extensive IT and Data mining with the ability to expedite orders and help streamline processes. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Act as a direct liaison with Corporate Procurement to ensure that the buy agreements do not negatively impact our business performance and to immediately escalate any issues;
- Achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team;
- Responsible to provide direction to both Crib and Small Parts employees and act as first or second level of their Help Chain;
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all work and production requirements for the Bloomsburg Crib;
- Perform Data mining and understand inventory levels and order points;
- Responsible for the ordering of all Kawneer Crib items from external Suppliers, other Kawneer locations and our internal Small Parts Department;
- Responsible for identifying root cause (RCA) of Crib stock outs and Problem Solving activities to resolve;
- Responsible for identifying root cause (RCA) of Crib on-time-in-full (OTIF) deficiencies and Problem Solving activities to resolve;
- Responsible for Crib Cycle Counts and related audit requirements;
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all work and production requirements for the Small Parts Department;
- Supports all relevant Plant procurement operation functions;
- Responsible for Daily Management of both Crib and Small Parts including, but not limited to: Reorder Points, Reorder Quantities, Lead Times (both internal and external), Work In Process (WIP), Pacing, Problem Solving, Work Center Reliability (WCR) and Work Center Compliance (WCC);
- Responsible for the review and update of Small Parts standards and/or earned hours.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with Safety, Quality, Productivity and Customer Service as top priorities;
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of one year of clerical, data analytic, supply chain, procurement, logistic and /or inventory experience required;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply chain, Computer Systems or Data Analytics from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 2 year of experience working with data analytics;
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in a Supply Chain, Procurement Logistics or Inventory Controls;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment;
- Previous experience with advanced function Microsoft Excel;
- Previous experience with JDEdwards;
- Previous Lean Manufacturing and / or Continuous Improvement Experience.