Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Responsible for overseeing and monitoring the inventory tracking and reordering process. May also schedule and coordinate the efficient distribution of products in order to satisfy plant demands. Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Maintain records of materials in inventory and on order. May be designated a lead worker within the inventory group.
- Analyze actual product demand, trends, forecasts and adjust inventory plans accordingly.
- Track and review the status of current orders and forecasts needs for future orders.
- Analyze and reverse shipment plans as required.
- Compile records of amount, type and value of material or stock on hand.
- Determine reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock to maintain sufficient levels of inventory.
- Reconcile discrepancies in inventories
- Compile information on receipt or disbursement of inventories and computes inventory balances, prices and cost. May negotiate with vendors to improve efficiency of receiving inventory.
- May train other company personnel on the inventory tracking and reordering.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to interact, collaborate, and communicate extensively, with buyers, technical staff in engineering and manufacturing.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as an individual contributor, team member, and leader.
- Safety conscious, following safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.