IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) Inventory Technician Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM Cloud (SoftLayer).
The Inventory team at IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) is challenged with maintaining the hardware and servers Inventory stock and the ordering of new hardware as well as receiving of new server shipments. The team also assists with the audits of all Inventory items. We are looking for individuals with experience in all facets of Inventory services. If you are a person who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, the candidate will have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make SoftLayer a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible. Responsibilities
- Computer hardware component identification
- Enter hardware tracking information into data base
- Verification of proper shipment and the tracking of new inbound shipments
- 1 year of inventory control experience
- Troubleshooting servers and workstations and various hardware components
- Necessary repairs/fixes after troubleshooting
- Focused work ethic in a team environment
- 2 years of inventory control experience preferred
In order for IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants and to afford IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with our parent company, IBM. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to IBM, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, IBM Corporation.